Thursday 29 August 2013

Kendrick Lamar Speaks Out Over His “Control” Verse


After everyone and their mother responded to Kendrick Lamar’s “Control” verse (either on wax or through interviews or Soliloquising), now the good kid himself is taking the time to speak on his own lyrics with Big Boy on Power 106. Kendrick says he didn't know there would be this much speculation when he went into the booth. He just wanted to RAP.

“…I didn't know there would be so much speculation, I just want to rap….I think it’s a case of maybe I should dumb down my lyrics just a little bit. The irony of that line is that the people who actually understood it and got it were the actual Kings of New York, you know, me sitting down with them this past week, and them understanding, it’s not actually about being the king of whatever coast, it’s about leaving a mark as big as BIG, as big as Pac.”


Most definitely TDE will surely get more interview on this same damn verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment